Wednesday 15 September 2010

Afternoon Philosophy

Єυтιε Mεтακαтαᴧυ!

Whoops. Well, it's just that Tuesday is a really busy day for me. On tuesdays, I have to go to school from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Of course I could (and should) do it in the two ours either before or after dinner, but when I haven't got plenty of time, it simply slips my mind. Got carried away playing StarCraft 2 and finishing the campaign. So yeah, I just forgot again.

"Eᴧeгι Cωκрαтιc αнтрωπιн мεнοнтιιн cωмαтεн ἑδε ουрιδрεн ἑδε δυεc? Mει αрοιι. Є, ευ.

Say.pst.3sg Sokratis human.acc be.prt.acc body.acc or soul.acc or both.acc? Me.dat is_forgotten.3sg. exclam, good.
"Did Sokrates say that the human is the body, the soul or both? I forgot. Oh, well."

Isn't she just enjoying that postsummer sun? She looks so undisturbable. I can hardly imagine that anything other than that sentence is running through her head.

It features an interesting construction: мει (α)рοιι. It literally means "to me it is remembered" or if negated "forgotten".
Also, ὲ is simply an exclamational thingy. It shows lack of importance or interest.
(For your information, he said it was the soul.)

2 comments:

  1. A fine picture. I finished the StarCraft 2 campaign some time ago, but then lost interest in the game (I'm simply not good enough to play multiplayer). I hope it does better by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that much good online, but I manage. I'm also fond of the Galaxy Editor, though it is quite complex.

    ReplyDelete