Monday 10 May 2010

Introduction to my Conworld

I'm working on a conworld as a setting for Lurion, here's a crude drawing I made (with pencil, finishing touch with the pc); click for a bigger version.
Basically, Lurion is spoken in the Λυрιοнαc (Lurionas), which is not so much a country as the name the citizens of numerous cities and villages call the lands they live in. Everyone that is not from the Lurionas is considered a βαрβαрιc (barbaris, i.e. barbarian). The places outside Lurionas are generally called the Βαрβαрαc.

There are four cities or ποᴧεc (poles) so far: Lutia, Dorina, Naupila and Karvoka. Lutia is the most scientific and philosophical; Dorina is quite a military city; Naupila is a trading city with enormous docks; the area around Karvoka is quite cold.

The Luriones do not often come in contact with the Fartes, let alone the Gerimes, when they do it most likely is to battle, although some trading does occure.

More will follow on these cultures as I develop it.

2 comments:

  1. The name of the city Lutia is to pronounced Lutia or Lytia/Lütia? I was wondering that. And the same goes for Lurionas, is it Lu or Lü?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IPA: [lytia]; The [u] is formed by the diphthong ου. I was wondering the same thing, actually. Maybe, like ancient greek, a modern pronounciation could be [liʃa]. But as far as my conlang is concerned, they/I would pronounce it [lytia].

    ReplyDelete