Thursday 17 June 2010

Farteski noun cases

As you might or might not have noticed, I've removed a post about Farteski, because I am not sure how nouns will be formed. I am pretty sure it's gonna be all about markers instead of suffices. I have, however, thought about the cases:

Farteski has way more cases than Lurioneski. Lurioneski is more about interpretation, Farteski is a bit more specific. It has 13 cases (as for now):

Nominative - (no marker)
Subject.
Predicative - i
Says something about the subject or object in combination with the verb. (*)
Accusative - e
Object.
Dative - u
Indirect object.
Adverbial - a
Adverbs.
Possessive - í
Indicates possession.
Instrumental - o
The means by which the verb's action is done.
Locative - ô
Location.
Vocative - ü
Addresses whoever is spoken to.
Ablative - è
From / away from.
Lative - é
Towards.
Causal - á
Cause.
Final - ó
Reason.

*E.g.: "I am smart" or "it made him sick". I'm not sure if this is the right name for this case, it was the only one I could find appropriate.

I think Farteski is going to be a real conlang, not just a stub. I'll have to see how it'll work out, though. And don't worry, I will certainly keep my attention focused on Lurioneski.

No comments:

Post a Comment